About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Nutella Snickerdoodle Sandwiches

Last week, I had a cookie swap with some friends. I searched far and wide for a delicious, easy-to-make recipe. I came close to the perfect thing when I find this recipe for Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwiches, but not knowing what the heck Biscoff is or where to find it, I figured, "You can never go wrong with Nutella". So I came up with these Nutella Snickerdoodle Sandwiches, and they were amazing!




Nutella Snickerdoodle Sandwiches

Ingredients:
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 13 oz. jar of Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl of an electric mixer, add butter and sugar (1 1/2 c.) and cream together at a medium speed with the paddle attachment. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar (2 tbsp.). Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll each in the cinnamon mixture.

Place the balls 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.


Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

After cookies have cooled completely, find similar sized and shaped cookies. Place a dollop of Nutella on the flat side of the cookie and place the flat side of the second cookie on top.


Just a word of warning when making double or triple batches of cookies, make one batch at a time unless you have an industrial-size mixer. The flour went everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment