About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Movie Review-Moonrise Kingdom

After hearing tons of hype about Moonrise Kingdom we finally had to check it out this weekend.

wikipedia.org
It was so incredibly sweet. Set in the 60's on the island of New Penzance, Khaki Scout Sam Shakusky meets up with his pen pal Suzy and they set off an adventure together. He runs away from camp and she runs away from home and they set off for the other side of the island.


It is so genuine to kids' emotions. They feel invincible. The world is their oyster. Sam and Suzy had no fears and they were isolated from a world of harm. In reality, Sam was an orphan and Suzy was a head case. But in their world, they were the only ones that mattered to each other. It's every child's dream to go on a grand adventure and they succeeded. The boy wins over the girl and they live happily ever after.

This movie is packed with stars: Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Ed Norton, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, but the real stars are the kids: Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman. They were great! They definitely have a promising future in store.

Moonrise Kingdom was so quirky and refreshing and quite fun to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment