About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Children's Literacy

I've been so lucky to work for a company that stresses the importance of literacy and have brought this philosophy back home with me. Everyday I see so many people who are passionate for books and getting those books in the hands of kids, especially those who are disadvantaged. It's so encouraging to see how much people care about our future. 
At 2 months old, reading his favorite book
Today, I attended a conference of publishers from all over the globe and as I was walking around the booths, the main thought in my head was what books would be good for Landon. He already has a library of at least fifty books and it just keeps growing. I've been exposed to some really amazing children's books and they are the one thing that I don't really hesitate in buying. 

Besides promoting literacy, reading a book is a great way to set a bedtime routine with infants. Our ideal night-time schedule is: dinner, playtime, bath, book, bottle and bed. It doesn't always happen that way, but I do know that Landon looks forward to book time. He loves to look at the pictures and hear my voice reading the text. 
from Penguin Group
His favorite book is Llama Llama Red Pajama. The text is so rhythmic and rhyming that it makes it a fun, sing-songy read for parents. And of course I love it because it shows a child's need and love for his mother. All of the Llama Llama books have made Bartek jealous. He's wondering when "Daddy Llama" is going to come into the picture.

What are some of your favorite children's books?

No comments:

Post a Comment