About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Tooth Monday-Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

I'm sorry I haven't been posting too much lately! Life, aka my incredibly active son, has been keeping me very busy that I'm too tired to post at night. Since we are taking off of work this week, my goal has been to try to get back to my blogging. And to start it off right, we have a delicious frozen peanut butter pie...




This recipe came from here , although since I made an addition, I can't verify how many Weight Watchers points are in it.

Here's my version of this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust
1-11 oz. bag of peanut butter & milk chocolate morsels (Nestle Toll House)
1-8 oz. package of fat-free cream cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. Splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
1/4 c. skim milk
1-8 oz. container of fat-free Cool Whip
3 tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup
2-2.5 oz bags of Reese's mini peanut butter cups



Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Remove graham crust from the pie tray and press into the bottom of the springform pan (when I later cut my pie, the graham crumbled loose. You may want to add some melted butter to keep it in place).

Sprinkle the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips onto the graham crust. I used at 3/4 of the bag (reserve the rest for later)

In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), combine cream cheese, peanut butter, Splenda, Cool Whip and chocolate syrup until smooth. Slowly stir in the remaining peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.

Add this batter to the pie crust. Scatter the mini peanut butter cups on top. Freeze for at least 4 hours.

Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment