About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Pucker Pies

This week's Sweet Tooth is something I thought of myself, they are cute little tart pies, hence the name "Pucker Pie". I've been on a bit of a health kick lately, although you wouldn't know that if you saw last week's post. But I have been trying to lighten things up a bit. This week's treat isn't terribly bad for you. It has fresh (previously frozen) fruit, just a little bit of sugar, and just a little bit of whipped cream to balance out the tartness.

Check out my pucker pies...


Pucker Pies
Makes about 5 mini pies

Pie ingredients
1 pre-made pie crust refrigerated pie crust (Pillsbury)
1 1/2 c. frozen blueberries (defrosted)
1 c. frozen cherries (defrosted)
1 tbsp. sugar

Whipped Cream ingredients
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 c. confectioner's sugar

Put mixing bowl (for whipped cream) and whisk attachment in the freezer to cool.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Unroll pie crust onto a flat surface. Use a template to cut out individual pie crusts (I used the lid of a bread crumbs container). Press each individual pie crust into a mold in a regular-size muffin pan.




Distribute blueberries and cherries evenly among each of the individual pies. Sprinkle sugar evenly over all of the pies.


Cover the muffin pan with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes, until crust browns.


While the pies cool, make the whipped cream.

Take the mixing bowl and whisk attachment out of the freezer. In the bowl, combine cream, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar. Start the speed low and gradually build up the speed until whipped cream forms.

Serve whipped cream on top of mini pies.



No comments:

Post a Comment