About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

What Milestones??

I googled "baby milestones" today and I was shocked to find what my ten month old should be doing by now.

According to Parenting.com, he should have been hugging by five months. A few days ago, he did something that sort of resembled a hug--he grabbed me and kind of threw his body on me. But until a few days ago, he never did anything like it! He's five months behind!


Then I went on to Babycenter, they said that he should...
  • Be mastering- waving goodbye, picking up things with a pincer grasp, and crawling with his belly of the ground
Landon has crawling and grasping down pat, but he is nowhere close to waving goodbye! I've been trying to get him to do this for months to no avail!
  • Emerging Skills (half of kids do it)-Saying "mama" and "dada" to the correct parent, indicating wants with hand gestures
He doesn't do either of these, although Bartek swears he knows the word "dada" and uses it correctly
  • Advanced Skills-Standing alone for a few seconds, putting objects into a container.
Nope, neither of these. He'll attempt the standing, but just plops down on his bum right away. 

So you know what I say? Screw milestones! I say as long as your baby is gaining more and more skills, then they are doing just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment