About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday- My First Fail! Twix Brownies

I should have known better than to combine so many sweets together! When I first came across this recipe on Pinterest, I thought it looked amazing! And Twix Brownies?!? Holy cow! But this is what my final product  was...
It turned out to be a huge gooey mess that was total sugar overload. If you would be so interested in recreating this giant mess, here you go! Maybe you can fix it!

Twix Brownies

Crust:
1 package of Simple Sandies Shortbread Cookies
6 tbsp. butter

Brownie layer:
1 box brownie mix
Ingredients to make the brownies
1/4 c. hot fudge topping (not hot)

Caramel layer:
1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping

Chocolate topping:
1 bag of milk chocolate chips (11.5 oz)
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. heavy cream

Heat oven to temperature listed on the brownie box. Grease a 9x13 inch pan or line it with foil. Using a food processor, crush the shortbread cookies until they become sand-like. Melt 6 tbsp. of butter. Add the butter to the cookie crumbs and mix until the crumbs are moist. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.


Mix the brownies and the necessary ingredients together. Add hot fudge topping and stir till combined. Pour the batter on top of the cookie crumb layer. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Allow the brownies to cool.

Add the caramel topping to the top of the brownies. Cool in the freezer for 15 minutes. 


Over a double-boiler, combine chocolate chips, butter and cream. Stir until creamy. Pour over the caramel and cool in the refrigerator until it hardens.



Cut, if you can, and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment