About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Duchess-Inspired Shoes

Ever since I saw this photo of Duchess Kate at the Olympics, I've been dying to duplicate it. The look is just so clean-cut and polished...and I guess it doesn't hurt to have a team of hair stylists and makeup artists to pull the whole look together. The thing that most drew me to this outfit is the shoes. Kate is always in wedges and they look so great. They add height without the teetering instability of regular heels. 



So I made it my mission to find these shoes and it wasn't as easy as you would think. When you search "wedges" you mainly get wedge sandals. After tireless searching, I found my affordable pair:

I thought it would be more practical to get them in nude and black, rather than navy. These Drewel Wedges are from Aldo and on sale now for $40. Since the shoe is made out of canvas, it may take a while to break in. But these are absolutely adorable. They elongate the leg and give you a sharp, sleek silhouette.

Now I need to get my navy blazer and cream striped sweater and I'll practically be a queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment