About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome to Wanderlust Wednesdays

I decided to make my blog more structured in an effort to stay with it and so I don't run out of topics! As you all know, every Sunday I do a Sweet Tooth blog. So now each day, I'll dedicate my post to a certain theme. I decided to make Wednesdays "Wanderlust Wednesdays." 

wanderlust-n. a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about 
(source: dictionary.com)


Each Wednesday, I'll bring you a new place that is a favorite of mine. Since I work in New York City and live in Hoboken, it'll be mostly New York and New Jersey-based, but when I travel, I'll be sure to post about my favorite places in those locations also.

So, to introduce my Wanderlust Wednesday posts....a place that has been near and dear to me for a few years: Jacques Torres.



Jacques Torres makes, arguably, the best chocolate in the world. This particular location is on Hudson Street in Soho (there are four other locations throughout NYC). It's the actual factory for Jacques Torres, where you can see the chocolate being made right before your eyes. The retail store has a hot chocolate bar, as well as a few comfy chairs for you to sit and enjoy your sweets.

Besides making specialized chocolates in shapes for the holidays, they also make some really unique treats. Two of my favorites are the chocolate-covered espresso beans and cheerios. The chocolate-covered raisins are also yummy. Check out my most recent purchase:


The milk chocolate is creamy and delicious. They also sell delicious chocolate chip cookies, which don't really have chips, but more like big slabs of chocolate in them. You can ask the cashier to warm yours up for an ooey-gooey treat. In the summer time, they make amazing ice cream sandwiches with these cookies. Such an indulgence, but worth every single calorie.

I have yet to try the frozen hot chocolate, but I feel like I'll be taking Bartek for a date there sometime soon.

Hope you get a chance to try it. Jacques Torres is located at 350 Hudson Street. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment