About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, October 5, 2012

First Haircut

A few weeks ago, it was time to cut my boy's hair. It was getting ridiculously long over his ears. I had read somewhere that it's bad luck to cut a baby's hair before their first birthday. If it's cut earlier, they'll be cursed with bad hair for life.  I waited till about six weeks after his birthday, so hopefully he'll have beautiful hair for life.

The night before the haircut...look at all those wisps
Needed a cutter, a distracter, and a whole audience for his first haircut


Being very good and patient with his mama
Nice bangs! 
He looks like a new baby!
As scared as I was to cut his hair, looking back, what really could have gone wrong? I'm glad I did it myself and I will probably continue to cut his hair until he doesn't let me anymore.

Also, there was some debate on whether or not we should save some of his hair from his first haircut. We did wind up putting some in a ziploc bag, but I'm not sure if we'll keep it. It seems kind of weird, but at the same time, I don't want to miss saving it for his baby book.

Would you cut your child's hair yourself? Would you save their first haircut?

No comments:

Post a Comment