About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday-The City of Chicago

Our trip to Chicago was so much fun that I'm already making a list of things I want to do when I go back. I wish we had one or two more days there, but that just leaves more for us on trip number two.

Chicago was such a great city. A few things I noted while I was there: 1.) it's so incredibly clean. Chicagoans take great pride in their city and it's clearly evident. No trash on the streets, not too much graffiti (except near the train lines), and all of the parks are pristine. 2.) The people of Chicago are the friendliest people I have ever met. Just take a ride on the subway and you'll strike up at least a conversation or two with someone you've never met before. On the subway platforms, they'll come up to you and ask where you're going to make sure you're in the right place. 3.) Chicago is incredibly walkable. If we had the time and maybe were baby-free for a day, I'm sure Bartek and I would've walked up and down the city. On a side note, and I suppose note # 4, people in Chicago don't jaywalk. It was baffling. I wasn't sure if it's something the police really crack down on, but there we were with the rest of the Chicagoans, waiting and waiting for the crosswalk to change to the walking man, while there are no cars in sight. It was really trying my New Yorker patience!

Bartek and Landon on the "L" train. It's incredibly easy to navigate


The portions of elevated tracks throughout the city make for pretty cityscapes like this

Chicago sits on the beautiful Lake Michigan
The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park offers hundreds of free events a year
Cloud Gate, aka The Bean, is great for photo ops 
The bright blue Chicago River is a stunning sight amidst all of the skyscrapers 

I can't wait for us to get back so we can explore the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, more of the Chicago River, go on an architectural boat tour and take a chance to explore all of the little neighborhoods that make up Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment