About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Week in Our Lives-February 11, 2013

Hi Everyone! It's been a busy few weeks for me at work. I've been preparing for a presentation I give three times a year. It was last Tuesday and I'm so glad it's over! I get a chance to breathe! I wasn't able to post last Monday because I was away from my computer so this will be two weeks of updates.

Last weekend, my little guy turned 18 months old! I feel like that's a huge milestone month because now he's officially a year-and-a-half. For people that don't have kids, I feel like they are always confused when parents refer to their children's age by month. Before Landon, I always found it strange. So now, until he gets closer to 2, I'll say he's a year-and-a-half.


Landon's getting so big. He's in the 50-75 percentile for weight and 75-90 percentile for height and head circumference. He says about 20 words now, his favorite being "choo-choo" referring to Thomas the Train, which he is OBSESSED with. He always wants it playing on the TV, which can be quite challenging. He also says "ruff-ruff" for dog, although now he's mixing it up by also saying puppy and dog. He says "mommy" clear as a bell now, not just "mama". He loves to climb all over things. Whenever I'm cooking in the kitchen, he has me pull over the step stool so he can get right in the action.


Another little person in our lives also hit a big milestone-her 3rd birthday! My beautiful, sweet niece Delainey is 3 years old. I can't believe it! We celebrated last weekend with pizza and then went to one of those jumping places. 


"Happy Birthday" time
Landon loved the toddler area. He went nuts! 
Grandpa chilling with Wyatt
Climbing all over the place
Adorable as ever!
Landon loved all the cushy climbing thingies
Playing Kitchen
Double dunking
The guys trying their hand at making baskets....let's just say Landon had better aim!
We had so much fun at Delainey's birthday party! Later that day, we watched the Superbowl. We all wore all the same shirts we had worn throughout the playoffs, the superstitious bunch that we are. 

Our favorite seven layer dip!
The game was too intense for Landon to bear...
....and for Bartek too
After all of the yummy snacks, blackouts, and near heart attacks, it came down to the last seconds and unfortunately, the Niners couldn't pull it off. But Bartek was a good sport about it.

Later in the week, we took advantage of the impending blizzard, took the day off and went to Mountain Creek. We did some of our best skiing and snowboarding. 

It was so foggy at the top! 


There are only pictures of me this time because I bashed Bartek for not taking any of me last time! Guess he got the message! We got home before the snowstorm started to get bad. We woke up the next day and went for an adventure in the snow. Landon's first time in the snow, about a month ago, was miserable. He was much more tolerable of it this time, as long as he got to walk in the shoveled path.




And we built a snowman on our balcony...this part he wasn't too fond of!



Notice the increased agitation in each picture!
"I've had enough!"
Sadly, the snow is melting away. Hopefully we'll get at least one more snow storm before the end of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment