About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Avalanche Bars

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! If you're in a bind to make a last minute treat for Game Day, this is really simple. Its a spin on the traditional Rice Krispies Treat.



I found the recipe here.

Avalanche Bars

Ingredients:

12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
3 c. Rice Krispies
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1 c. mini chocolate chips (I added a lot more than the recipes)

Lightly grease a 9x9 pan and set aside.

Add white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each time. Do this until the white chocolate is melted and smooth.

Add peanut butter to the white chocolate. Stir until the peanut butter is incorporated. 


My special helper

Fold in the Rice Krispies. 




Let cool for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. 

Add the marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and stir.


Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly into the pan. 


I didn't have a 9x9 pan, so I improvised!
Let the bars cool completely, then slice and serve!



Enjoy the big game! Go 9ers!

No comments:

Post a Comment