About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kids in the Kitchen

Cooking has been quite difficult lately. Long gone are the days where I could set Landon up in the bouncer or jumperoo just outside of the kitchen while I worked my magic. Instead, every night when I try to make dinner, I get accosted with whines, arms around my legs so I can't walk, and the "pick-me-up" flailing motion.

My latest solution has been to include Landon in the cooking process. He is so satisfied doing it and it helps me keep an eye on him. I've been pulling up a step stool to the counter and he climbs right on. Sometimes I just set out a handful of raisins or goldfish for him to munch on while I cook and other times, I let him get right into the action.

While I was making rice crispy treats, he helped stir and throw marshmallows in:



When I was making salmon, he got to try things out...the taste of lemon and the smell of dill. 


Having him involved in this process will hopefully cultivate a desire to cook and eat healthy. Cooking with kids is such a great idea for toddlers who want to be independent but at the same time, don't want to leave your side. But, of course, make sure your child is safe on what they are standing on and don't leave any sharp or dangerous objects out for them to grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment