About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Movie Review- Identity Thief

We saw Identity Thief this weekend. I love Jason Bateman and I love Melissa McCarthy, so this is a great combination in my book. 



Melissa steals Jason's character's identity since he has a unisex name: Sandy Bigelow Patterson. After having his accounts frozen, credit cards cut up, getting arrested and nearly losing his job, Sandy (Jason Bateman) decides to travel across the country to confront Sandy (Melissa McCarthy) and have her right all her wrongs. He somehow gets her to agree to drive from Florida to Colorado with him and they embark on a crazy journey.

My favorite part of the movie was Eric Stonestreet's cameo as Big Chuck, a guy Melissa McCarthy picks up at one of their pit stops. He was hilarious and boy can really work a belt!

Melissa McCarthy was great as a stereotypical over-indulgent American. There's a scene in her house where you see that she has 5 blenders and 4 toaster ovens. Why do I feel like people like this actually exist? It scares me.

Overall, I think it's a great movie. Lots of laugh out loud moments! I can't wait for Melissa's next movie with Sandra Bullock.

1 comment:

  1. There are a few laughs here and there and Jason Bateman's character is likable enough, but Melissa McCarthy's character is forced and annoying. Basically, a waste of two amazing talents. Nice review Chrissi.

    ReplyDelete