About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Raspberry Whipped Cream

The unfortunate timing of Lent and Valentine's Day means that we're celebrating V-Day early this year! We will be giving up all sweets for Lent so we need to load up before Wednesday!! I realize that technically since every Sunday is a little Easter, we don't really have to give up Sweet Tooth Sundays, but since we normally have leftover desserts for a few days after, I don't want to waste anything. For the season of Lent, I'll switch over to "Savory Sundays"and I'll be making some delicious non-sweets on these days.

For our last Sweet Tooth before lent since I love my husband so much, I decided to give him the dessert that he wants, which was something fruity. He's been on chocolate- and peanut butter-overload from my past Sweet Tooth Sundays. So this Sunday, it was all about him. This was a light and very easy dessert inspired by this recipe here.



Raspberry Whipped Cream

Ingredients:
1 c. whipping cream, cold
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. frozen raspberries
1/2 c. sugar

In a mixer, whip cream at a medium speed. Add in 2 tbsp. of sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until soft peaks form. Set Aside

In a food processor, blend together raspberries and 1/2 c. sugar.

Quick and simple-have both machines going at once!

Fold the raspberries into the whipped cream and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment