About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Dutch Bankets

I'm backkkkkk!

After a long hiatus to celebrate the holidays, veg out a little and get some work done, I'm finally back to the blog. It was a much needed break but I'm well-rested and now done with a business presentation!

This week's Sweet Tooth Sunday is actually a guest-baker...my dad! He said that he recently had these Bankets while hanging out with his buddies, who all happen to be Dutch. This is an easy version of it using puff pastry instead of creating your own dough. Bankets are almond paste wrapped in a flaky, pastry crust.



 Bankets

Ingredients:
Puff pastry-1-17.3 oz box (defrosted)
2 cans of Almond Paste (8 oz. cans)
1 egg
Sugar
1/4 c. peach or apricot preserves
powder sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Make an egg wash by whisking an egg in a small bowl.

Spread out the puff pastry into 3 pieces, which should be 2 sheets each. Cut each log of almond paste in half and lay down on pastry.

Brush egg wash along edges of puff pastry and fold it over the almond paste. Squish the edges together so that they are sealed by the egg wash.




Brush the top of the pastries with egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar.



Bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden brown.

Heat up peach or apricot preserves in a small dish in a microwave for 30 seconds. Spread on top of each of the pastries. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the pastries. Slice and serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment