About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Milky Way Puppy Chow

I remember my dad would always get "Puppy Chow" from customers around Christmas time. It was chocolate-covered Chex topped with powdered sugar. I was always weirded out by it for some reason. Maybe I was just intimidated by this dessert that was out-of-the-norm for us. When I saw this recipe come across my Pinterest feed, I decided to give it a go. It's for Puppy Chow made with Milky Way bars. I halved the recipe because we didn't need so much of this sweet treat in our apartment!




Milky Way Puppy Chow

4 c. Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex)
4 regular size Milky Way bars
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. to 1/2 c. powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you like it!)

Put the Chex aside in a large bowl.

In a saucepan, melt butter with Milky Way bars over low heat, continuously stirring.


Once it the bars have completely melted, pour it over the Chex and fold until the cereal is covered. When the chocolate started to become hard to spread out, I microwaved it for 10 seconds to get it soft again.



When all the cereal is covered, sift powdered sugar over the Chex. Fold again until it is all covered.



1 comment: