About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TV Review- The Carrie Diaries

I was really skeptical about The Carrie Diaries when I first heard about it. I gave it a go for the pilot....DVR'ing it a the last minute. After I watched it a few days later, I was hoping that the following Monday would hurry up and get here so I could watch the next episode. 




After I watching the second episode last night, Bartek asked me, "When are you going to stop watching high school dramas?" Hah! Never! For some reason, I can't get enough of them. I loved Gossip Girl and The Secret Life of the American Teenager (it's a little hard to admit that one). Maybe I'm longing to be back in high school. But, anyway, I think I enjoy the little romances and how the characters are always finding themselves.

Carrie Bradshaw, in The Carrie Diaries, is incredibly innocent, but still a driven individual. She values her friendships and isn't looking to make enemies (at least not yet). Her eye for fashion is great...especially to the viewer who can reminisce about 80's style. Its funny how many things could actually pass for fashion nowadays...print pants, fluorescent accents, high waists. The 80s are coming back!

It's a fun show to watch for the 80s nostalgia-the clothes and music, and for the cute story lines. Can't wait for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment