About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Week in Our Lives-November 12th

This past week has certainly been a challenge. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, I've had to change the way I get to work. The PATH train is down and it looks like it won't be up and running for at least a few weeks. Just thinking of my commute gives me anxiety. I've been taking the ferry everyday, which costs $6 each way. I paid nearly the same amount in one week that I normally pay in one month of commuting. I'm also now walking a total of 2.9 miles (I google-mapped it!) each way and my feet are paying the price. Major pain in the arch of my left foot and pain in one of the joints of my right foot.  

Enough complaining. The good thing is now Bartek and I are on vacation! One week commute-free! We plan on taking it easy and doing some things locally. Today we played a little golf. Maybe tomorrow we'll finally see Argo! Lots of fun and relaxing ahead for us. 

Here are some pictures from this weekend. We did a little walking around on Saturday morning...went to the Farmer's market and then the playground. 


 Then Bartek took Landon down to his parents' house so I could have a little Girls Night with some friends.


We had such a great time! It was so nice to catch up with the girls! Can't wait for the next night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment