About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Week in Our Lives-November 19th

As much as I'd like to brag with tons of photos of a tropical locale from our vacation week, sadly there are none to be had. Some plans for our stay-cation panned out and some did not. We played a little golf,  terribly and embarrassingly, but we stuck it through to about 6 holes (I wanted to give up after the first one)! 

We saw Argo, which I've been so excited since I read a fall movie preview back in August. Review to come tomorrow. 

And I made my first filet mignon, from this recipe. It was amazing, although I did set the fire alarm off in the apartment. Oops!


Unfortunately, the rest of our week didn't go as planned. Our pup got really sick and he spent the day at the vet undergoing tons of tests while we waited at home for a call from the doctor to see what's up. But the call never came. So after two calls to the vet with no answers, we told them we were coming to pick him up no matter what. One HUGE bill later and no explanations as to what was wrong, we took him home for some rest and relaxation. Any Hobokenites out there, I DO NOT recommend Hoboken Animal Hospital on Washington. They try to take advantage of people in sensitive situations. Anyway, a few days later, Bailey is feeling much better. Not 100%, but getting there!

We also had plans to volunteer on Friday in Sea Bright cleaning up after Hurricane Sandy. But then our other child (the real one) got sick. So before we headed back home to the doctor, we drove through Sea Bright and saw the devastation. I hope we get a chance in the next few weekends to help out.

The shore has eroded so much that the waves are breaking just ten feet from the  sea wall
The cabanas from one of the beach clubs resting on the sea wall

A section of about 50 yards missing from these cabanas
The remains of Donovan's Reef, but they had a sign "We Will Rebuild"

Tents set up on the municipal beach parking lot 




Trucks ready to depart

It's so sad to see what happened to "our" shore town. I've been going to the beaches in Sea Bright since Bartek and I started dating in 2003. But they'll rebuild. 

Finally, on Sunday, everyone started to feel healthy again. We all went to the park for a walk and played in the leaves.

Healthy pup, but poor little shaved paw 


I LOVE THIS BANANA


 Only a few more weeks of leaves left! Then it's time to play in the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment