About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Mint Fudge

Today's Sweet Tooth Sunday was a simple and easy one. I made fudge for the first time! Craving a little something minty, I chose to put a little spin on the traditional chocolate fudge.


Based on the recipe from the Fluff jar, here is my Mint Fudge:



Ingredients
2 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. margarine
1 -5 oz. can of evaporated milk
1- 7 oz. jar of Fluff marshmallow creme
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1- 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. mint extract
5-10 starlight mint candies

Butter or spray a 9x9 pan and set aside.

Combine sugar, margarine, evaporated milk, Fluff and salt over low heat until well blended. Turn the heat up to medium and bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.


Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate, vanilla extract and mint extract and pour into the buttered pan.

Unwrap the starlight mints, put into a ziploc bag and use something heavy like a bottle to crush the candy into very tiny crumbs.

Then stir in the mint candy pieces and let it cool until it hardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment