About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Cranberry Apple Crisp

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is being able to try new recipes that you see floating around on Pinterest. What better reason to experiment! That is how we tried our favorite Mac N' Cheese and cranberry sauce recipes. 


This recipe was a nice change from the typical apple pie we have on Thanksgiving. I found it on CountryLiving.com

Cranberry Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/3 c. butter, softened

Heat oven to 375 degrees. 

Lightly coat an 8x8 baking pan with butter or Pam. Add apples and cranberries to it.



In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and softened butter. Mush it with your hands until it's combined and starts to form crumbles.

Sprinkle the crumbs over the apples and cranberries.


Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment