About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving

There are only two days until Thanksgiving! I can't believe it came up so fast. Bartek and I hosted Thanksgiving two years ago...our first and only time (so far). The scariest thing about cooking for Thanksgiving is the turkey. You don't want to be the person that messes up the star of the show. Thankfully, my dad came to the rescue and made the turkey for us. Phewww!

There are two other star recipes we have been using since that first Thanksgiving as a married couple. Bartek and I each have our own thing we focus on. 

Bartek makes this delicious Mac N'Cheese from Martha Stewart...


It is absolutely amazing! Mac N' Cheese leftovers are so much better than days on end of turkey!

The recipe that I make is Martha Stewart's Orange Cranberry Sauce. It definitely beats the can-shaped stuff from the canned-vegetables aisle. 


I've made this several times besides Thanksgiving. The sweetness of the orange cuts the tartness of the cranberries. It is so absolutely delectable!

What are your go-to Thanksgiving recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment