About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Don't Cry Over Old Milk"...or The Sippy Cup Conundrum

After all of these freak storms, I could use a big glass of vino! Thank goodness next week I'm taking some vacation days to relax, go see some movies and maybe finally cash in my spa gift card. Woohoo!

playtex.com
Now onto this Thursday mommy business. There is a rarely-talked-about phenomenon that plagues nearly all mothers of older babies and toddlers. It's the Sippy Cup Conundrum. Toddlers have a tendency to walk about carrying their sippy cups and then dropping them in random places. In our apartment, the sippy cups then roll under our couches, the coffee table and other furniture where they sit for days. 

There is nothing scarier than finding one of these cups on your own as a parent. Since Landon only drinks milk and water, its always an either/or situation for us. Luckily, most of the time, the cup has been full with water. But there was that one day I found a cup. I went to empty it down the sink and as I turned it over, globs of milk-cheese fell out. I was ready to puke!

Since then, every time I open a cup that I find on the floor, I cringe and hold my breath as I empty it. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment