About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Turning Over a New Leaf

It was just six months ago that I had an emotional breakdown in the dressing room of a Banana Republic. I was there with Bartek trying on clothes for the first time since having Landon. I needed new ones since nothing I owned fit anymore and I was returning to work in just a few days. Trying on clothes one or two sizes bigger than before and looking terrible in them was the worst feeling I have ever had. Couldn't I just go to work in yoga pants?

Well, Landon is eight months old now and I feel like I look worse than I did then. I'm not burning the calories I was when I was breastfeeding, but I still have the same appetite as when I was. I went to H&M today to look for something Springy for this weekend and had that same terrible feeling I had six months ago, only now, there's really no excuse for it.

Time to turn over a new leaf. This beautiful gem arrived yesterday:

The Joovy 360 Jogging Stroller (in black). I ordered it from Buy Buy Baby when I conveniently had a 20% off coupon! Sweet deal!

So I'm getting back into it! Since I have no time whatsoever (which is why I don't go to the gym, and hence, why I'm so overweight) I have to multitask to get some exercise in. I take Landon and Bailey on a 30-45 minute walk every night after work. Now, it's going to be a run. And Hoboken just opened a waterfront walkway that connects to Weehawken! It's a wide walkway that runs (I believe) for miles all the way up to Edgewater, so plenty of space for me to run with a baby and a dog.

I'm so excited to start running again! Now I just need to find myself a good 5K to have something to train for.

No comments:

Post a Comment