About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Mini Key Lime Pies

I couldn't have had a better weekend. As always, it seems like it went by so fast and now I'm wishing that weekends were three days long, especially since it's going to be even nicer tomorrow. It definitely feels like summer is on it's way. And with summer comes refreshing desserts like today's Sweet Tooth Sunday treat.

In New Brunswick, there's a great Cajun restaurant called Old Bay. We went there a few times while we were in college and I remember discovering on their website a recipe for Key Lime Pie. Bartek Loves (with a capital L) key lime pie and this recipe was so simple, even for lazy, time-crunched college students.



Today, I put a little spin on it. While I was food-shopping a few weeks ago, I found these Keebler personal-size graham cracker crusts. I snatched up 2 packs of them knowing the purpose I'd be using them for. And here it is....

Mini Key Lime Pies (makes 12 personal-size pies)
2 packs of Keebler personal-size graham cracker crusts (6 in a pack, 12 total)
1 3/4 cans of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c of sour cream
4 oz key lime juice
2 oz regular lime juice
2 limes (1 for zest and 1 for decoration)
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a hand mixer, whip together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juices, and zest of 1 lime until combined. Pour mixture into 12 pie crusts.



Bake in oven for 9-10 minutes, but do not brown.

Chill for about 1 hour. Decorate with whipped cream and lime slices right before serving.


This is such a great, refreshing dessert. Perfect for summery days like today. Hope you enjoy it!



Check out past Sweet Tooth Sundays:
Easter Carrot Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment