About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Rolo Peanut Butter Brownies

It's no secret that Rolos are one of my favorite candies out there. So when I saw this recipe, I knew I couldn't resist! This dessert is semi-homemade, like Sandra Lee, so it's incredibly easy to make.

Here is my adaptation of it. Again, this Sunday I had my trusty side kick baker who added some adorable cuteness to my photos.

Rolo Peanut Butter Brownies
1 box dark chocolate fudge brownie mix
1 egg
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. water
40 Rolos, unwrapped
1/2 bag of peanut butter chips (I'd say about 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking dish with Pam and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and water. Stir until it is well combined.

Pour half of mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes. Take baking dish out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.

After it's has cooled a bit, create a layer with Rolos. Top this with the peanut butter chips. Pour the remaining brownie batter on top.



Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

Let the brownies cool. Cut into desired size and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


ENJOY!

Check out my past Sweet Tooth Sundays here...
Blackberry Mille-Feuille
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Banana Pudding
Caramel Apple Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sea Salt Caramels
Rainbow Cake
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

No comments:

Post a Comment