About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade Baby Food-Applesauce

Another incredibly easy baby food to make. Nothing's impossible with a pot of boiling water and a food processor!

Applesauce-1st foods
4 golden delicious apples
water (about 1 cup)

In a deep sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Meanwhile peel apples and slice into eighths. Discard core.

Once the water is boiling, add apple pieces to the water. Cover and boil for 10-12 minutes.

When the apples are nice and tender, add them to the food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes. Add leftover cooking liquid if necessary to reach desired consistency.

Spoon into ice cube trays. Freeze overnight. Once it's frozen, pop the cubes out and store in a ziploc bag until needed. This made about 4-5 servings.



Here are my previous baby food recipes
1st foods:
Carrots
Bananas
Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment