About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Help a New Mommy Out!

This is something that I totally forgot happened to me, probably because bringing home a new baby causes your mind to go fuzzy. After reading this article, I recalled how incredibly helpful this was when we came home from the hospital:

People made and brought us food!

Having a new baby, especially your first, is so incredibly time-consuming. You literally have no idea where the time has gone. You're waking up at 6 am and seemingly minutes later you are watching the sun go down. You have absolutely no time (or energy!) to cook. I don't think I started cooking until maybe 3 or 4 weeks postpartum.

What got us through the first weeks was our family and friends' incredible kindness. Every time our parents came over to visit, which was probably every other day, they brought food for us. Our freezer was full of chicken marsala, courtesy of my dad! What I loved the most were the sweets we got. My brother, Nick, and sister-in-law, Meredith, sent us a chocolate-covered Edible Arrangement. And my friend, April, brought over a Snickers Ice cream cake! We finished that in a day!

One of the comments in the article from TheKitchn.com was to give new moms food that they can eat with one hand, because that other hand will constantly be rocking, nursing, and carrying a baby. Muffins, granola bars, pasta salads are all great ideas.

Other great ideas are lasagnas, casseroles, stews, and chili which can all be frozen easily.

I will definitely be keeping this in mind for all the babies that are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment