About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake

Thank you all for being patient with me. The past week has been incredibly stressful for me since my grandmother passed away. But knowing that my grandma is now at peace, I think things will start to look up from here on.

As strange as this sounds, doing my Sweet Tooth Sunday today felt like I was returning to normal. I let Bartek pick the dessert from my Pinterest Board and he fell in love with the first thing he saw (or maybe he just wanted to get it over with so I would stop nagging him!)

Here is my easier version of the recipe found here. I used blueberries instead of blackberries since I had just bought a huge carton of them and a pre-made graham cracker crust because I'm lazy!

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Premade graham cracker crust
1 lb cream cheese (2 boxes)
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c milk
2 eggs
1/2 c sour cream
1/8 c flour
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 c blueberries
Zest and juice of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, use a handheld blender to cream together sugar and cream cheese until it's soft.

Blend in milk. Then beat in the eggs one at a time until they at incorporated (don't over-blend). Then mix in the vanilla, sour cream and flour.

In a food processor, purée 2 cups of the blueberries with the lemon juice and zest. Add is to the cheese mixture and fold in the remaining cup of blueberries.

Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust.

Bake for about 50 minutes until the top is firm. Then refrigerate or stick in the freezer to cool until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

Check out some of my past Sweet Tooth Sundays:
Bite Sized Apple Pies
Rolo Peanut Butter Brownies

Blackberry Mille-Feuille
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Banana Pudding
Caramel Apple Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sea Salt Caramels
Rainbow Cake
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

No comments:

Post a Comment