About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Banana Pudding

Posting this a few days late because of the circumstances this weekend. But Sweet Tooth Sunday (actually happened on Saturday) this week was a delicious one ! Normally I don't get a chance to use bananas in dessert, but with Bartek gone this weekend, I wanted to take advantage of it. Here is my version of the recipe found here , which I discovered on Pinterest.

Banana Pudding
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 c. whole milk
4 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
6-8 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
Nilla wafers
1 tub of Cool Whip

In a double boiler, whisk together sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.

Mix in milk, eggs and vanilla over med-high heat until it thickens (10-15 minutes). Chill the pudding.

In a trifle dish, line the bottom with Nilla wafers, then add pudding, bananas. Repeat layers and top with Cool Whip. Chill until ready to serve.

And here is my extra special helper for the night...





It may not look the prettiest, but it was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment