About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade Baby Food-Sweet Potatoes

Because of the circumstances of the past week, I hadn't had a chance to attempt making baby food until yesterday. Landon had tried green beans and squash from Gerber. And truthfully, I wasn't quite sure how to make those two veggies homemade. For the green beans, do I take the beans out of the shell? Or puree it with the shell? Same for the squash. I guess I would bake the squash and then scoop it out of the skin. Maybe?

Anyway, I figured sweet potatoes would be pretty easy, and I was right! This is how I made them....

Sweet Potatoes -1st foods
Ingredients:
2 Sweet Potatoes
Filtered or bottled water

Poke holes all over the potatoes with a fork.

Microwave the potatoes for 10 minutes.

Slice open and let steam out until the potatoes are cool enough to work with. Scoop the "meat" (I guess you would call it...) out of the skin and put in a food processor or blender.

Add water and blend until mixture is thin. Add water as needed. After all of that, I probably added maybe a cup of water until it got to the consistency that I know Landon is comfortable eating.

Pour the potato mixture into an ice cube tray. Freeze overnight. Then pop the potato-cubes out of the tray and into a Ziploc bag. Defrost and use as needed.





Can't wait for Landon to try his first homemade food tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment