About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How to Survive Over Night Away from Your Baby

Tomorrow marks my second time leaving Landon overnight. I guess it's a little different because I'm leaving him with Bartek, but still, I won't see my little man for like 36+ hours! There are certain steps moms need to take when leaving the man of the household to do the impossible job of a mom:

1. Set yourself up for success- I've left the house spotless. All of the bottles are clean and ready to be used. The diapers and wipes are stocked. The rice cereal is there on the counter, in case Bartek wants to attempt to feed it to him. Landon's stroller is all ready to go in the morning. All Bartek has to do is wake up, feed him and then take him to daycare. Things can't go wrong? Right? Righttttt????

2. Leave little time for things to go wrong- Last time I went away, Bartek took the day off to spend with Landon. Wellllll, it turned out that Bartek got sick, so he called in reinforcements...aka his mom! This time around, Landon is going to daycare tomorrow. Bartek just needs to spend a little time in the morning with him and then pick Landon up from daycare after work. His mom will then come stay overnight and watch Landon on Thursday. Which brings me to point #3....

3. Make sure someone is there for backup, and make sure that someone is a mom. There is something about a mom that no one can replace. Even if the child isn't your own, moms know why a baby is crying. They know how to soothe a baby-hold it close, rock it, feed it. Moms, by nature, are more in tune with babies' needs.

4. Try not to freak out. Things happen. Things go wrong. If you are away, there isn't much you can do besides offer support over the phone. You have to realize that your husband (or the person watching your child) is a capable adult. I think...

5. And lastly, demand photos via text every hour on the hour. Yes, tomorrow night I will bug Bartek relentlessly for picture after picture. And when I'm not looking at the pics that Bartek is sending me, I will probably be looking at my blog, Facebook and the wallpaper on my phone. I need to constantly be staring at my big-blue-eyed, smooshy-cheeked, Snugglesaurus Rex. Ok, I just made that nickname up, but seriously, my Landy-cakes is the cutest baby ever and spending one night away from him will be so hard to bear!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment