About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mom's worst nightmare

I'm writing this post from the hospital. Yep, the hospital. After an interesting week full of on-and-off fevers, last night came the breaking point of a 104.5 degree fever.

And it came at an unfortunate time too. Bartek is in Poland at his Babcia's funeral. It has certainly been the worst week in a while. When it rains, it pours. Thankfully, I have, quite possibly, the most amazing and supportive family in the world. When they saw how Landon was acting and his high fever, they urged me to go to the ER with him.

A few hours, a catheter, and an IV later, it turns out that poor Landon has a urinary tract infection-something very serious given his age. And we are staying at least one more night so he can get an ultrasound of his kidneys tomorrow. The poor little guy has been through so much in 24 hours, but he's such a trooper. He's still smiling and giggling every once in awhile.

It's crazy because, as I was talking about with my sister-in-law, when we were younger, hospitals were only for broken bones and serious illnesses. It feels weird to bring your child in for just a fever. But as it turns out, fevers can be indications of something more serious going on. Landon's cousin Delainey had to go to the hospital at exactly the same age. So mommies out there, please realize that hospitals are there for a reason. Don't be scared of them!

Signing off from Chilton Hospital-Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment