About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Art Imitating Life

I LOVEEE the show Up All Night and I feel like they take all of their show ideas from my life.

promo image from Babble.com
The writers of the show have to be parents. I feel like they nail every parenting roadblock and misstep. From making fun of mommies who are always in sweats (like myself), to buying a family car, to daycare mishaps, I feel like there is something I can relate to in every episode.

Tonight's episode dealt with Reagan and Chris's first time flying with the baby. Something I've had anxiety about for months. There's nothing worse on a plane than a crying baby but when it's your baby, that's just pure hell! The only way moms think that flying with infants is possible is to overplan every single aspect of the trip. Making sure the baby is ready to nap when the plane takes off, over-packing just in case the baby poops, pees, spits up or drools itself mid-flight. I think Reagan and Chris even brought their baby's bulky changing pad.

Anyway, the show is great. It helps you realize the challenges to come (if you are a new parent, or a parent-to-be/wanna-be). Having a baby is such an incredible blessing, but it comes with its hurdles.

And I just have to say, Landon is wayyyy cute than Baby Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment