About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Glaze

I think I say it a lot, but I have to say it again. I have the most amazing husband ever. Bartek had to drive his mom home after her flight came in from Poland. So I asked him to take Landon with him so I could take a nap. After such a crazy week, it was amazing to have a few hours to myself to rest! While he was on his way home, I got to work on this week's Sweet Tooth Sunday.

This is another recipe I found on Pinterest, located on this website here . I have to say, their cookies came out so much prettier than mine! I think I may have added too much flour or maybe should have used room temperature butter.

Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Glaze

1.5 c butter
3/4 c granulated sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3 3/4 c flour
Raspberry jam
1.5 c powdered sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice

Heat over to 350 degrees

Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a mixer.

Slowly add flour to butter until blended.

Roll dough into balls and place 1-inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Press thumb into dough. Fill each indent with a dollop of jam. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.


Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Put into a ziploc bag, snip off a corner of the bag and drizzle the icing over the cookie.


Like I said, these aren't the prettiest cookies, but they taste pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment