About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Baby Food-Bananas

Today was my second attempt at making baby food. This time is was bananas and you really can't fail with those.

I know some people just mash them up with a fork, but I wanted to make a bigger batch so I used the food processor. It was incredibly fast and simple!

Bananas-1st Foods
6 Ripe bananas

Peel the bananas and put in a food processor.


Blend until the puree is light and airy, with no chunks.


Pour the puree into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.


Once it's frozen, remove banana cubes from the tray and place in a ziploc bag. Use as needed.

I had a little bit of trouble popping these out of the tray, so I just used a spoon for leverage.


**Warning- the puree won't look like a pretty yellow banana mixture. It turns kind of grayish-brownish-yellow, so don't be alarmed by it. **

And here's my little man enjoying his first taste of bananas. Yum!

2 comments: