About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. Florists, grocery stores and bodegas raise the cost of flowers ridiculously and it's a holiday that makes single people feel like crap! Before Bartek, the only Valentine I had was my parents. They'd be so sweet and always make me feel special. I agree with allowing kids to enjoy the holiday, give them candy, a rose, a Valentine card. It was really cute, as I was walking the dog earlier, to see families together with the kids holding pink and red balloons.

But anyway, this Valentine's Day was extra special for me this year. It was the end to a terrible, horrible week. My boys, all three of them, were finally together and healthy and happy. No more hospitals, last minute flights to funerals. I was so happy when I picked Bartek from the airport and we were finally all together. I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment