About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Caramel Apple Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Congrats Giants fans! Nice win! From our apartment in Hoboken, we can hear fireworks and crazy cheering!

Anyway, here is what we snacked on during the game: CARAMEL APPLE COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. Just one word: HEAVEN! I found this recipe through my friend, April, on Pinterest.

This recipe is adapted from Beach Side Baker
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 box of Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix-10 packets (not sugar free)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 bag of caramels (I used Brachs)-cut these in half.
Vanilla bean ice cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, salt, and the 10 packets of apple cider mix until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time and mix until blended and then add vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture until combined.

Scoop out walnut-sized piece of dough and roll flat in your palm. Add piece of caramel to dough. Add another piece of walnut-sized dough and roll together into a ball. Arrange on cookie sheets 1-2 inches apart.

Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Remove the parchment paper from the cookie sheets and place on cooling racks for 4-5 minutes. Remove cookies from parchment paper and put directly on cookie sheets. Cool completely.

When you are ready to make your ice cream sandwiches, stick 2 cookies in the microwave for about 20 seconds until cookies get slightly warm. Put one large scoop of ice cream on upside-down cookie and place other cookie on top.



Enjoy :)

1 comment: