About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do You Trust Your Doctor?

After the past few visits to the pediatrician and our visit to the hospital this weekend, I had to wonder to myself, "can I really trust all of these doctors?"

Random photo of dr from All Systems Up
Our pediatrician's office is a practice, so basically every time we go, we see a new doctor. It's starting to seem like it's becoming a problem. Each doctor has their own opinions and it never seems like we, as the parents, are doing the right thing.

At our 4-month appointment, Doctor "A" said, "Don't worry about feeding your son solids yet. He's getting all of the nutrients he needs from breast milk/formula. Don't give him anything til 6 months". Then at our 6-month appointment, Doctor "B" said, "You're not feeding him solids yet?? He should already be on the 2nd foods". And then she gave us a rigid schedule to follow, telling us to only feed him 4 times a day (6-8 ounces each) and feed him solids twice a day. Normally he has 6-8 bottles a day (4-6 ounces each time). Let's just say that the week after this appointment was PURE HELL with lots of mid-night wake-ups and cranky episodes.

When we were at the hospital this weekend, Doctor "C" had said we might want to consider one procedure. While the doctor the next day, Doctor "D", had said, "No, you definitely do not want to do that."

With all of these opinions, it's hard to determine who you should listen to. Do you listen to the doctor that gives you the easiest answer? or the one that you think sounds the smartest?

Although we aren't doctors, I think it's best, as parents, to go with our instincts. We are the ones that know our babies the best.

As for our pediatrician, I think we will start requesting to see the same doctor, not just who ever is available first, so we can finally get some consistency in Landon's care.

No comments:

Post a Comment