About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Packing up for baby

Landon and I are spending the weekend with my parents while Bartek is with his family in Poland. I didn't realize how much time and effort goes into packing for the weekend for baby until I had to do it all by myself and in a limited number of bags.

I had only one shot to make it to the car with the baby, the dog and all of our gear for the weekend. Thank God for my amazing stroller and all of the storage space underneath the seat! I must have looked like a hoarder as I left our building and headed for our garage in the next building.

This is how I did it:
Plastic reusable bag from A&P- it held all of Landon's feeding stuff-his bottles, box of formula, rice cereal, bowls, spoons etc. These plastic bags are great for so many things! I used 5 or 6 of them when we moved into our apartment. Love them!

Victoria's Secret PINK nylon bag-held all of my clothes and Landon's blanket and snowsuit (he will use it this weekend, gosh darn it!). In this case, the nylon bag made it easy to shove under the stroller...much easier than attempting to carry a suitcase! And the best part about it- I got the bag for free! It was one of those promos that VS sends around where you get a free bag if you spend $20. Totally worth it!

Landon's diaper bag-held his billions of clothes I need to bring everywhere just in case he poops himself , which happens quite often. And of course all of his diapers.

And lastly, the backpack-another free one, this time from work for participating in a walking event. It held all the electronics that I can't go anywhere without-the laptop, iPad, and camera. And this is great because I carried it on my back, great because I was running out of space.

And I couldn't have done it without my Mommy Hook. It's basically a giant carabiner that you hang your purse from. Super handy!

So yes, I was a pack mule, but I made it to the car in one piece! Success! And now looking forward to the weekend with my parents and hopefully some snow so Landon can finally use that damn snowsuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment