About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Giant Fails = FUN! sometimes

We had no concrete plans for the weekend, so we decided to hop on the ferry and take Landon into midtown for the first time. 



We had these grand ideas of using a gift certificate we received for this luxe French baby store, Jacadi, and going to Dylan's Candy Bar. But of course our day didn't go as planned.

At Jacadi, we had Landon's outfit all picked out....
These two shirts and a pair of khaki pants. We go up to the register and pull out the gift certificate, but then it doesn't work! We have to wait for the manager to get back in the store on Monday to figure out why the certificate didn't work. Fail #1 of the day and no clothes to show for it!

Then we walked across town, down 60th Street, with the lovely scent of horse manure blowing in the breeze at the entrance to Central Park. We made it all the way to 3rd Avenue at Dylan's Candy Bar and as we walked up to the door, we knew it wasn't a good idea to go inside. If I had known it was such a ridiculous tourist trap, I would have skipped it all together. And with the stroller, whewwww, that was interesting! We parked the stroller in the back of the store and walked up to the top floor where they had a cafe. Landon needed a bottle and we just needed to take a seat.

Well, "just taking a seat" led to "Oh, let me get a snack" and just a few minutes later, I can back to the table with a Cheesecake Fantasy Sundae-Oreo cheesecake ice cream, strawberries, chocolate sauce and a piece of cheesecake -OMG! Did I mention I giving up sweets (except for Sweet Tooth Sundays) for Lent?




Landon loved playing with the chocolate sauce and getting it all over himself. After we finished our delicious treat, we headed to the lowest level to see what they had down there.




Nothing really piqued our interest so we went back up to the main level and it was like entering the 7th circle of hell. We tried to pick our own candy to fill up a bag, but terrible brats with absolutely no manners kept cutting in front of this. After maybe a minute or two, we lost our patience, and said "Let's get the EFF out of here!" We grabbed the stroller and booked it out of there.

As we were walking down towards 39th Street, we found a Baby Gap, and got the button down shirt and plaid-lined khakis that I had blogged about a few weeks ago! Yay! Finally something going our way!

Normally, we would have been incredibly stressed about how our day went, but Bartek and I found humor in our epic fail of a day. We laughed about it as we were walking back across to the ferry! And Bartek said, "This has been such a great day, despite what happened. I got to talk with you for four hours straight!" What a sweet hubby.

So I guess fails don't always have to be so bad, as long as you have people to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment