About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Chocolate Blackberry Mille-Feuille

I wanted to make something to tie into the Oscars but it was hard to think of something. With all the French things nominated-The Artist, Hugo, and Midnight in Paris-it made sense to do something related to the French. This is a recipe I saw a few days ago and pinned on Pinterest. It's from this website.

Chocolate Blackberry Mille-Feuille
*Mille Feuille is usually made with puff-pastry, so this is based on how to make a mille feuille.
Servings: 4
14 oz dark chocolate
14 tbsp coconut milk
pinch of fine sea salt
2 tbsp black current liqueur (the original recipe calls for blackberry liqueur, but we had black current in the apt.)
2 tbsp blackberry jam, seedless
4 oz fresh blackberries
Cocoa powder for dusting

Finely chop chocolate in a food processor. Separate chocolate. Melt half of the chopped chocolate in a microwave. Place the other half of the chopped chocolate in a bowl and set aside.

Stir melted chocolate until smooth and pour onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Smooth with a spatula into a thin, even layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Meanwhile, make the ganache. Heat the coconut milk and salt until just simmering and pour over the reserved chocolate. Let rest for 2 minutes while the chocolate melts. Stir gently until smooth. Add the blackberry jam and black current liqueur and stir until incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

After at least 1 hour, take a biscuit cutter (or I used a drinking glass and a sharp knife) and cut 12 circles out of the thin chocolate.

Briefly whip the ganache mixture. Put it into a piping bag or plastic bag (and snip a corner off).

Pipe ganache onto 4 circles. Top with blackberries. Repeat with another layer of circles, ganache, and blackberries. Top with last circle and dust lightly with cocoa powder.

Serve immediately or reserve in the refrigerator.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment