About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fun with Solids

Landon had tried solids last weekend for the first time. He was interested in it the first night we tried. Then, by the second night, it was like he was trying to tell us, "What is this crap you're feeding me??" So we decided to wait till his 6-month appointment this upcoming weekend to see if we could start giving him real food, like veggies and fruits.

For those of you that don't know, the first solid you try with babies is "rice cereal" its this flaky stuff you mix with their milk to make a paste. It smells gross, so there's no way it could possibly taste good.

Anyway, I was in the elevator this evening with a woman whose baby is just two weeks younger than Landon. Her baby is already eating solids! So we had to have another go at it tonight.

You can tell he absolutely adores rice cereal

He thinks its more fun to play with it on his mouth than eat it

or to play with the spoon and get it all over his forehead
Well, at least here's a smile

2 comments: