About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guest Blog: Daddy Speaks

Hello All,

Since the little man is feeling under the weather we've decided to keep him out of day care for the week, so today it's my turn to stay home and make sure he gets back on the road to being the healthy future quarterback/rocket scientist/vineyard proprietor in Napa that we want him to be.

So I will take this opportunity to take a small break from my Awesome Daddy duties to discuss something that drives me (and I assume most men) crazy.  and that my friends and dear readers is...LISTS!!!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty rested after a relatively quiet night.  With my first burst of energy, I got Landon dressed bundled him up and took my boys for a walk (as by this point Bailey was going nuts).  After our walk, and before I even took a breather to make myself breakfast, I fed Bailey, gave Landon his antibiotics, fed Landon, and then did the nebulizer.  All in all, I felt pretty proud of my accomplishments so naturally I called Chrissi expecting a nice pat on the back.  Instead I got the dreaded..."Did you see my list?..."

I cringed and walked over to the kitchen counter where she had left it in the one spot that I couldn't miss it which  of course I had completely missed.  There it was staring at me, my schedule for the day.  All of a sudden, my day off wasn't so much of a day off after all.   Chrissi has a penchant for, actually more like an obsession with making lists.  I  on the other hand hate them.  Some may say I'm cripplingly dis-organized, I prefer blissfully unburdened.  Believe it or not my life functions just fine without having to list the tasks I have to do that day.  Why can't (or more accurately won't) Chrissi understand that?

A list makes me a) feel like a kindergartner  and b) is a constant reminder of the limitations that I have to work my day around.  They are the ultimate joykill!

So ladies and gents, what say you? Are you with me that all list-making should be abolished.  Or am I way off-base here?


P.S:  Go 49ers!!! 2 wins away from a record tying 6th Super Bowl victory.  Can you Giants fans even count that high?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bartek, Mer loves lists too, and I am not great with em.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part... "and make sure he gets back on the road to being the healthy future... vineyard proprietor in Napa that we want him to be." Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete