About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Other Love of My Life

I have three loves of my life-my heart is split in many ways, apparently! My husband Bartek means the world to me. My son, Landon, is the light of my life. And my dog, Bailey, is the third piece of my heart. Yes, he's a dog, but he still holds a piece.

On some of the mommy forums, people call their pets "fur babies" and that just seems weird to me. Yes, I refer to him as "Landon's Brother". When we talk to Bailey, we say "Go to Mommy" or "Ask Daddy for your leash". It is strange, but Bailey was our first responsibility together.

Becoming a pet parent is a huge step in your life. You have to learn to keep a schedule, find time for walks (at least three times a day- at least that's what we do), you have to potty train them, you have to teach them how to behave, and most importantly, you have to give them lots of love and attention.

I think Bailey was a great step for us in becoming ready for parenthood. As much as I don't want to compare dogs to children, its kind of true. We had to become ok with cleaning up poop and puke (yuck!), we had to be responsible for another life (feeding, cleaning) and we had to learn how to care for someone that's dependent on us. I feel like cats are a bit different. They are much more independent than dogs. They'll be fine if you leave them for a few days. But dogs need you constantly. And they love constantly.

Here is my little photo bomb of Bailey pics....

Our first pictures of him, when he joined our family in 2008



He's never ashamed when we dress him up!


He loves to chase away nasty geese

 And run for frisbees as fast as he can


He loves coming in for a close up


And snuggling after a rough day at work


He's a great wine buddy


And is best friends with who ever will rub his belly


Nothing is better than jumping off the dock into the lake


And then drying off on dad

 He's a TV Star


And a great big brother


 He's loves to get a tan on the couch


And pull the socks off my feet


He loves opening presents more than any child does


Has a couple of best friends


And is incredibly patient


I love my dog! Sure, he knows that he's not number 1 anymore, but I think he's slowly beginning to accept that. He's starting to really enjoy having his little brother around and I think it will only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment