About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Flashback Friday!

Check out my first attempt at a blog 5 + years ago! Bartek and I took a trip across Europe post-college and this was our little travel log:

Brotherhood of the Traveling Polo Shirt

How young (and skinny) we look!









It was after college and before responsibility set in. Before we started working. It was the best month of my life. I experienced so much and saw so many things! I just wish we could take off another month and do it all again! Why can't we be more like Europeans and take long vacations!?! Enjoy our livelihood rather than focus on our careers and can-do attitudes?!

2 comments:

  1. Adam and I are heading to Prague and probably Berlin this summer. Any ideas? How did you travel within Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love Prague and Berlin!

    We went to Berlin during our Eurotrip, at it was possibly THE BEST time to go there. The World Cup was being hosted in Germany while we were there and the day(s) we were in Berlin were when the Germans had just won one of the games. I'm guessing it was a semi-final or something. Bartek could tell you better. So they were singing and dancing in the streets. It was so awesome to be there!

    Some of the things I love about Berlin: the Reichstag (for some cool photo ops), the Tiergarten park and Potsdam (although I feel like this place was much cooler when I went to it in high school). Also, I would definitely recommend going to Munich. It's one of my favorite cities in all of Europe--and from there you can take an hour(ish) train ride to the gorgeous mountain cities of Garmisch-Partenkirken and Konigsee. You will never see more beautiful views in your life!

    Prague was also incredibly gorgeous. There's a ton of history there and some really pretty buildings. I remember there was a place that had a delicious tomato soup just off of the Charles Bridge in the old city. Yum! They also had mulled wine everywhere. I don't remember if I tried it, but it looked good!

    Both times, we traveled by rail. The rail system in Germany is a great mode of transportation. Its very quick and clean. When we went to Prague, we traveled by sleeper train from Krakow. It was a little shady and not the most comfortable, but it worked.

    Let me know if you want any more info!

    ReplyDelete