About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Don't Mess With Me...

I know how to shoot a gun!

Actually, no need to worry. I'm a terrible shot. I hit 5 out of 25 targets (I think it was more like 3), but still can't help to feel like a badass!

I had no plans to actually ever do this, but Bartek had decided to go with his friends this weekend. I told my friend April about it who said, "That's cool! I want to shoot stuff" and then we randomly decided to tag along.

Here's April, who did great:



And Bartek too, who almost did as good as the twelve-year olds we were with! (not joking, these kids were freaking amazing!)


And our friends Jack and Bob who actually know what the hell they are doing:



My dad, an avid hunter, was so proud of us. He was texting us the whole time, asking how we were doing. Its just a shame that we weren't with him for our first time shooting. Although, now we are making real plans to go to another range in NJ, hopefully really soon.

Its strange, but I guess shooting is really popular with the elite New Yorkers. We saw some big-time douche-baggery at the range, as well as a Ferrari, Porsche, and some other really sweet cars in the lot. I guess its a sport that doesn't discriminate. They are really welcoming to girls too. When we were waiting in line to sign up, this really sweet old guy was talking to us about how excited he was that we were doing it. 

Give it a try sometime: 
Its about a 50 minute drive from the city!


No comments:

Post a Comment