About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

I've decided to do a weekly post about new recipes I'm trying. I'm hoping that this gets me back in the kitchen and doing something I love more often: Baking! Woohoo! I'm sure the hubby won't mind it one bit. And I'm sure you guys will love to see the yummy pics too.

So here is my first go at it. Today's sweet treat, MINI OREO CHEESECAKES is adapted from this recipe here. This is how I did it:

Makes 12 mini cheesecakes.

Ingredients
12 Oreos (whole)-we actually used Trader Joe's "Joe Joe's" because we went there instead of a regular supermarket. They taste a little different, maybe a little less sweet
6 Oreos (crushed). I crushed these by hand in a Ziploc
1 lb cream cheese (2 boxes) at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs lightly beaten at room temperature
1/2 cup of sour cream
Pinch of salt

1. Preheat the oven to 275. Line two regular muffin tins with muffin paper liners. Place a whole Oreo in the bottom of each liner


2. With a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until its nice and smooth. Gradually add sugar until combined. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat in eggs, scraping the sides of the bowl until they are incorporated. Beat in the sour cream and salt.

3. Add the crushed Oreos and stir by hand.

4. Pour the batter into the liners. I actually put the batter into a ziploc bag and piped the batter into so it wouldn't get everywhere.

5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn the tins and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely and then refrigerate for 4 hours. Leave them in the muffin tins until you are ready to serve.

Delicious!


And here are my adorable little helpers for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment